Sunday 6 April 2014

Kyoto: Nanzenji & Ginkakuji



Spring is well and truly in bloom in Kansai, and we spent a beautiful day in Kyoto admiring temples AND cherry blossoms!


I haven't been blogging much lately... I got kinda bored of it (it's pretty time consuming) and we've been really busy. Recently my mum came to visit - it was super fun but very busy! She has all the pictures so perhaps my blog will miss our fun adventures... But I shall try to resume!

SJ and John came to visit! So we took them around Kyoto.


Us outside one of the buildings of Nanzenji. It was a great cherry blossom viewing spot!


Nanzenji had many beautiful gardens, which all seemed very empty! Perhaps because they all had an entry fee, but it meant we could relax and quietly enjoy the gardens.



A beautiful pathway leading to another pond...


And ginormous bamboo!




After enjoying beautiful Nanzenji (which is actually one my favourite temples I've seen!), we headed for Ginkakuji via The Philosopher's Walk. Named so due to its proximity to the university, it is a great spot to see the cherry blossoms. You can't really see, but in the first picture I am eating a cherry blossom flavoured ice cream amongst the cherry blossoms!






It was a little longer than expected, and after eating some delicious food in a typical Japanese restaurant we completed the walk to Ginkakuji. Again, it was so beautiful and the gardens were incredible.





Many pictures, little writing. I think that's the best way to go! That night we took SJ and John to karaoke which was amazing... But that shall not be blogged about!

No comments:

Post a Comment